.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Be Mine, Valentine


I have a confession to make that seems to be faux pas nowadays.  I like Vanlentine's Day! I admit it!  No, Devin and I don't go all out with gifts and bouquets upon bouquets of flowers, or trips, or nights in hotels...but we do give homemade cards or nice love letters or a small batch of flowers, or a favourite CD.  It's a sweet littler reminder of the romance that still holds strong in relationships, and a reminder of what's important: Love Love Love.  Valentine's Day is not just for the love birds (I don't think).  It can be celebrated with girlfriends, Mommy's and daughters, Daddy's and daughters, Brothers and Sisters...anyone who loves :).  As long as I can remember my Dad sent me a special father-daughter Valentine's card and I cherished them so much.  This year I'm married so my mom and dad sent me a card from both of them and I'm looking forward to the lovely card or letter from my cherished husband.

So, although my love is working tomorrow on Valentine's Day, I'm going to make him a lovely supper, give him my homemade Valentine *and some Reeses Pieces!*, and shower him with love and kisses and hugs because he's my Valentine and he's SO special to me.  Happy Valentine's Day to ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts