.

Monday, February 22, 2010

A new attitude.

Two nights ago I had a good and long conversation with God about "stuff".  Food in particular.  I know that God wants me to be the best ME, and I want that too, but too often I've tried on my own power.  So, I rely on God to provide every spiritual, emotional and mental need...But not physical? It just doesn't make sense. I truly believe God has been waiting for me to turn to Him for help with motivation to not only excercise (because that's not a huge problem for me), but for self-control with food and portions.  Yesterday, I chose to fast all day as a commitment to God. I wanted to spend more time praying and no time eating, to show Him I'm surrendering food and the sheer desire for food all to Him.  He can fulfill me in every other area of life, and I know He can and will fulfill the (void?) that I think maybe I've tried to fill with food.  Every time I had a hunger pang I would pray about it and ask for strength and it would soon go away! I wish I wasn't so surprised every time God comes through for me.  When I woke up this morning i thought I would be sooo hungry! But I actually had energy and was in a good mood, and no hunger at all.  I chose to eat some yogurt at lunch time today and chicken this afternoon to ease my way back into it, since I hadn't eaten in nearly 48 hours.  I believe God blessed me for the day we had together yesterday.  I think a day of fasting is something I would like to maybe do once a month, or every 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts