.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Day at the Spa

Yesterday, my friend Treasure and I went to the Spa in Moose Jaw to swim in the hot mineral pool and have massages. It was great.

We both had long, hard weeks of teaching and we needed to catch up and relax. We went shopping at the mall, got a few groceries, went to Nits Thai Restaurant to eat, then spent an hour and a half in the mineral pool. It was about -5 out and it was getting dark so we enjoyed having cold heads and warm, toasty bodies while the steam rose up and the water was lit by underwater lights...it was so beautiful and relaxing. Then we went to the "couples" room for 60 minutes full body Swedish massages..a bit more "ouchy" than I had wanted, but my muscles feel good today.

 Oh, and somewhere in that day we hit the Bulk Barn and got a nice portion of candy to eat on the drive home.  During our massage Treasure asked "Do you have any chocolate left?" After a relaxed and brief pause I excitedly responded "totally". Our male masseuses thought that was hilarious...I guess it's a girl thing to cherish candy like riches?

What an incredibly girly and lovely day we had. So much laughter, so much discussion. I am thankful for my dear friends who are closer than sisters...and since I don't have sisters...that works well for me :)

I should mention, this spa day was a gift from my hubby on my 24th birthday...23 months ago! It's about time I used it. If I ever get another one I will NOT hesitate to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts