.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Blessed


Some days I stop to consider how very blesed I am. Today my husband left for Yorkton, SK to do a two week course. Tomorrow I am heading out for home in Nova Scotia. As we parted ways this afternoon I felt like a piece of my heart drove away with him. I didn't realize how comforting it is to just have him up the road at work, or driving around town, or at home with me. I love that guy so fully that I can't imagine loving him more...but I know in 5, 20 or 60 years from now I will love him that much more. I'm so thrilled to be going home to see Mom and Dad, Grampy, my brothers and my neice and sister-in-law. I can't wait to hang out with my best friend and take a million photos of Autumn and take little day trips here and there. I also can't wait to go back to my old church in Brazil Lake and talk with people I haven't seen in months...people I've known and loved my entire life.


I'm truly blessed, and so happy to be going home, and so grateful to my Dad for offering this trip to me that I could not afford on my own. However, I will miss my husband like never before. We have been inseperable, best friends our past four months of marriage. Yes, we were apart for 6 months during our engagement...but there is something about being husband and wife that make the separation that much more dreadful. He's my companion, my friend, my room mate, my confidante, my love, my shoulder to cry on, and even my garbage man. =) I'm so thankful God gave us to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts