.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Married prayers

Dev and I have been pretty consistent with our night time devotionals together lately, and the book we're currently using is called "Just Us" by David and Jan Stoop.  Last week's topic was on praying together. We know we should, we've wanted to, but we just haven't been. So the challenge to us was to START! The first day we prayed silently together, and the next day, and everyday since we've prayed aloud...Devin first, me second. The intimacy with my husband and with God in those moments is so precious to me. I wish we would have began praying together at night on May 23rd! *our wedding day lol*. 


 When I think of a God-centred marriage I think of the triangle illustration someone showed me once.  Devin and I are on 2 separate corners of the triangle and God is on the top point. As we grow closer to God as individuals, we move up the triangle toward God AND our spouse. It could not be more true. God has blessed us so so richly.  The more we reach for Him, the tighter his grip on us feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts