.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

So Long, Insecurity

I was determined not to fall behind on my blogging, but it always happens to me, even when I have ideas and I'm feeling very inspired to write. But alas, I'm back.  I'm currently reading "So Long Insecurity" by Beth Moore, and it is AWESOME! It would suit any woman who has ever felt less than perfect, or beautiful, or desirable, or smart, or successful...so basically every woman who ever has or ever will walk this earth.  I'm not through reading it but I'm thinking the main point of the book is to find security, not in worldly things, beauty, power, possessions, or even the love of a man, but in The Rock a.k.a. Christ.  Everything in this world changes, fades, or passes away, and that can cause some severe insecurities in us, but God is the same today, tomorrow and forever so if we put our confidence and hope and security in Him we can't be moved.  It's a message I've heard before, but Beth puts it into perspective like I've never heard before.  I'm going to a simulcast in Moose Jaw where Beth will be teaching about this book via satellite; I can't wait!
Time for sleep.  Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts