.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Thank you Jesus, for Beth Moore

This past Saturday a group of women and myself loaded into a vehicle and went to a church in Moose Jaw to watch a simulcast of Beth Moore preaching from Texas live. Over 300,000 women were watching this simulcast (about 5,000 of them were at the massive church she was live at). I had already begun her book, So Long, Insecurity, but put it down about a week ago when I was facing something, and never picked it up again...yet.  The message she was speaking in the book hit too close to home at this time and I ended up sobbing and crying until I couldn't see the words. I got the message, but I knew it was time to put it down for a little while and stop tearing open a wound that hadn't had a chance to even begin healing yet.  I do not idolize Beth Moore, but I have this love for her that I didn't know was possible to love a stranger this way.  I feel like she's truly my sister in Christ.  She tells it like it is, and is very candid in how she tells millions of women about her past and even current struggles.  There is no growth in excuses and denial, and I think Beth really understands that.  I'm just so grateful that God chose to use her to speak to me, and so many other women and girls; she is a vessel for Him.

This topic of women and their insecurity is not something I'd thought much about before her book. It's a chronic problem with our gender no matter what we look like, how successful we are, or how much our men do, or do not love and respect us.  Now that I have some scripture and other tools to deal with my own issues of insecurity, I'm confident that the Lord will help me work through this and find true, steadfast security in Him.  Already this week I have felt threatened by movies, tv, magazines, other women...but I did not let it get the best of me, and with God's strength I overcame it and willed myself to see past it and move on.  Beth says security starts in the mind, moves to your feet, and settles in your heart.  She also says that we cannot wait until we feel secure to start being and acting secure.  We must will ourselves to do it, and keep guard over our minds, then our reactions and daily living must reflect our minds and thoughts, and then as we continue to act more secure, our hearts will begin to believe it, and we will start to truly feel secure by the grace of God,  Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts