.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cling to Jesus

Every once in awhile I get the rug pulled out from under my feet. A bucket of ice water dumped over my happy little life. I'm not trying to sulk here, I'm just trying to identify the fact that life happens, and I get that, I expect it, but it's not easy to enjoy it.  Battles and challenges come our way for many reasons, but I'm certain that some particular ones can potentially do amazing things for us in the end.  My most recent ice water occurence left me feeling like I could just fall into a dark pit and miserably stay there forever.  Of course, 5 minutes later it was already feeling a little bit less devastating and more managable because I had the sweet reminder that God is the Author and perfector of our faith, He is the best heart physician known to man. He can and will heal this heartache if I surrender it to Him...and so, knowing this, I DID!  Tears still flow and wounds still open sometimess, but I cling to Jesus and pray for healing and he consistently and faithfully restores me, comforts me, and gives me the peace of mind that no other could.  I praise Jesus for who He is, and for being a perfect, loving Father to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts