.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Encouragement

There are some specific Bible verses that have helped me immensely oover the last few months. They are applicable to anyone grasping onto hope. I found them all while reading on a plane ride to Nova Scotia, and wrote them in the back of my Bible. I re-visit them often.

Romans 15:4 Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us.And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God's promises to be fulfilled.

Romans 15:13 I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Psalms 113:9 He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother. Praise the LORD!

Psalm 13:5-6 But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to the Lord because he is good to me.

Psalm 25:5 Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

Psalm 119:28-32  I weep with sorrow; encourage me by your word. Keep me from lying to myself; give me the privelege of knowing your instructions. I have chosen to be faithful; I have determined to live by your regulations. I cling to your laws. Lord, don't let me be put to shame! I will pursue your commands, for you expand my understanding.

Psalm 32:8 The LORD says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust int he Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

Proverbs 2:3 Cry out for insight and ask for understanding.

Genesis 21:1-2 The Lord kept his word and did for Sarah exactly as he had promised. She became pregnant, and she gave birth to a son for Abraham in his old age.

1 Peter 5:7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts