.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Adopting

I've already mentioned this before, but now it feels so real. Tonight Devin and I sat down and filled out and signed our adoption application. We are going to mail it tomorrow. About 3/4 of the way through the application I had a meltdown. Choosing which age, physical or mental issues, behavioural issues, medical issues we will or will not accept? We don't know! We know that we want to be parents and love our child regardless of any problem that may arise, but we have to also be painfully realistic and admit that maybe we can't, or don't feel prepared to, deal with the pain and struggle that would go along with raising a sick or very limited child. I am happy we're through it, and I know the process is not even nearly limited to this short application--but it still feels so significant.
I need to refocus and spend a lot of time in prayer. This will be the only way we'll know what His plan is, and what we should do next. He is faithful and bigger than all of this. I need to remember this.
We are keeping this door open, and praying He`ll show us the way, because we have no idea what`s coming.
Walking to the P.O. to mail our application :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts