.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Such a Mess

Oh boy, am I a mess sometimes. This past week, I haven't had enough energy to get out of my own way, aside from when I'm at school and don't have an option. Devin's been running around working out, doing dishes, sweeping up and drying my tears. I feel so unworthy. Once I calm down and stop the weeping, I realize that at one point in our marriage I wasn't working, and Devin was working beyond just office work, before he broke his leg, and I was the dish cleaner, dog walker, garbage woman, sweeper, tidier, and cook. I guess I'm realizing that there are different phases and stages in marriage. Devin reminded me that I work with tiring little children all day, and have to get up early, and commute an hour...things he doesn't have to deal with. He also reminds me that he's happy to do these things for me...so accept it! I could learn a lesson or 2 from this dear husband of mine. Last night my heart was heavy and sad and downright depressed--this morning I'm feeling a bit better, and just so full of gratitiude for my supportive and loving husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts