.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Sea and I

The Sea and I    

I long to feel the wet, cool, fog

To feel the dampness on my cheek

My hair curling tight in frizzy chaos

The roaring, sloshing of the waves breaking and bleeding over the boulders below

The gulls screaming out for food, conversation--for joy

I long to gaze as far as human eyes can across the enormous sea

To watch the bobbing to and fro of a small fishing vessel

To watch the people snapping memories and smiling bright

To snap my own memories, and freeze in time a glimpse of God’s handiwork

I long to sit atop the rocky cliffs while the wind blows through my hair

My eyes watering, my heart full, my spirit calm

I long for that unmistakable feeling that overwhelms me

When it is just the sea and I.

-Holly Roddick





No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts