.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Forever Yours

I just heard the song Forever Yours by Michael W. Smith. I'm not his biggest fan, I find his voice a bit "80's" and his lyrics sometimes cheesey...but these lyrics spoke to me. Yes, they definitely have an element of cheese...but sometimes there is just no way to avoid it when you're talking about love.

Devin and I have been married for 3 years, and I'm still overwhelmed by the joy and love I find in my marriage. We have not had a "bump-free" road, but it has just helped us grow and become "refined" as  individuals and a couple. I feel so much love for this man, sometimes I think my heart will burst--but instead my eyes seem to just overflow with tears :) I am so thankful for my marriage and the amazing man God gave me.

Forever Yours- Michael W. Smith

I'm swept away in this moment
I feel your heartbeat next to mine
My hands are trembling
 Its overwhelming, a whisper breaks through the silence
A vow to test the breath of time until forever, I'll be forever yours
Not just tonight, I'm by your side for all your life till death comes between us
And the heavens steal you away
 I'll stay, yours forever don't you worry, don't be afraid
A heart can shift like a shadow
The deepest passion start to wake
Stay ever tender, never surrender
Come waltz with me through the twilight,
 and we will dance as seasons pass we move together 
I'll be forever yours
So hold me tight say you'll be mine,
For all your life,
'til death comes between us and the heavens steal you away 
I'll stay yours forever don't you worry, don't be afraid
Come what may
So what we have is this moment
But moments come and go so fast
Until forever, Ill be forever yours
There is no other, I am forever yours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts