.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dear Daddy

Though I'm 24 and married, living across the country from you, with 3 jobs, a dog, hobbies and my own home...I'm still your little girl.

I still think about some of our tender moments from my childhood (and adulthood) with tears in my eyes. I think about some of the senseless, hilarious moments we had at the breakfast table. I think about countless hours of watching basketball and baseball on tv with you, and countless conversations about money, cars and other "Dad topics" on the telephone. I think about how I have never once in my life been afraid that I would not have a man to love and support me, because I knew that when the boyfriends broke my heart, my Dad would still be there. I think about the fact that I may not know or love my Heavenly Father today if you had not shown me how a good, earthly, father can love me, so my Heavenly Father, in all His perfection, must love me that much and more! I love to think about those moments during my childhood when sleep didn't come easy for me, but you would talk me back to sleep, and make jokes that my teeth were so white they glowed in the dark. I think, with thanksgiving, of the example you set for me, that life *does* have absolutes, right and wrong, and we are to very intentionally live righteously. It does not mean we're even *close* to perfect, but I thank you for showing me that me must try every day to put others first, to choose the narrow path, and to live by high standards.

So, on your birthday tomorrow, may you have joy in knowing that you are SO loved.

Happy Birthday.

Love,  Your baby girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts