.

Friday, January 28, 2011

New Life

If you have a pulse, it's likely you're part of this group too. The group, called human kind, that is enthralled and excited and moved to tears by new life. My dear friend Jenna (whom I have known since the basketball court as a kid, to my opponent on the court during middle school, to a nice friend in high school, to a best friend in University, to my first apartment roomate, to my bridesmaid, and then 2 weeks later I was her bridesmaid!) gave birth to her first bundle of love, Layla Marie, late last night. She was 9lb. 7 oz. ! Which was no surprise since her (layla's) momma and all of her uncles on the Dunn side were BIG babies, and are all now very tall people. 

Seeing her picture on her Daddy's FB this morning just blew me away! Aside from my nephews, I have never looked so intently at a baby with such awe and adoration. To think that a friend I have known since childhood is now a mother to her own child...it really just leaves me speechless. Sometimes I stop to think about how this little bean grows into a human inside of another human until it's "ready" and then it leaves the bigger human and becomes it's own individual. It's something we know in our minds..but to *really* pause and think about this miracle--it is awesome.

I did not realize how much this birth would impact me. I am so thrilled for Jenna and Lamar.

Another wonderful, miraculous baby story I heard today was from a classmate I had during my undergrad in University. In less than 2 months, she will be bringing home a brand new baby boy from the hospital via adoption. After enduring fertility problems and a miscarriage, this beautiful, faithful couple will become parents.  It just fills my heart. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts