.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Happy Traveler

I really enjoy traveling. I love a good road trip, a long plane ride, a quick camping trip. I don't aspire to "see the world", but I enjoy seeing new sights and seeing parts of this amazing planet God created.
Since getting married and moving across the country in 2009 I have been so fortunate and blessed to have traveled a lot--several times a year.

Some of the places I've been in that time include Nova Scotia (my home province), Ontario (Devin's home province), Saskatchewan (where we currently live), Alberta, British Columbia and Prince Edward Island and Montana.

 Some of the cities include:
-Yarmouth, Halifax, Lunenburg and Mahone Bay, NS
- Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal and Vankleek Hill, ON
- Charlottetown, Cavendish and Summerside, PEI
- Gravelbourg, Assiniboia, Moose Jaw, Regina, Saskatoon (etc.) Saskatchewan
- Banff, Calgary and Cypress Hills, Alberta
- Victoria, Sooke, Ucluelet and Tofino, British Columbia
- Billings Montana (and a few other small towns)

The reason I write these places down in a list is because:
A) My memory is terrible and I just may forget 
B) It excites me to look back and remember these great adventures

This past Spring/Summer I have been a very "happy traveler". In May, Devin and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary by going to Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park, Alberta and stayed at Elkwater Lake Lodge. It was cozy, scenic and fun, and it snowed on us, but we didn't mind.

 
At the end of June, 2 days after school was out, we headed to British Columbia for our summer vacation. We went to Vancouver Island and saw Victoria, Sooke, Ucluelet and Tofino. The weather was cool and very "coastal", we hiked a lot of trails and walked a lot of beaches, it was a wonderful time. Our favourite part of the whole trip was our little cottage in Sooke with a little private beach and a campfire, it was perfect.
 



 
In July, Mom and Dad came to visit and we toured Moose Jaw and did the underground tunnels and watched a baseball game, and we went to a Roughriders game in Regina. We celebrated Mom's birthday and Mom and Dad's 35th wedding anniversary.
 


 
 
 
In mid August Devin and I went to Palliser Regional Park, which is on Lake Deifenbaker. It was a beautiful time even though we had to cut our trip short by 1 night, and the second night there it thundered all night long. The water was warm and beautiful for swimming, and we sat by the lake or the campfire and read our books a lot.

 
 
And finally, at the end August my friend Sonya came to visit me from Nova Scotia and we took a road trip to Banff. We camped for 3 nights and the weather was perfect. I took Sonya to all of the "hot spots" like the gondola, the hot springs and Johnston Canyon. We had a lot of fun.
 



 

 
 
................What a summer!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts