.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Choose to see

Awestruck.

That is how I feel when I take time to look around me. Today would have been just a tiresome, regular Tuesday had I not taken time to look around. To look for the good and perfect gifts from our Father. I don't credit myself in remembering to look around, it is a working of His Holy Spirit in me that caused me to really see.

This is what I saw:
  • My husband putting together a lunch for me as I hurriedly got ready for school this morning. And I later saw the sweet note he wrote me and tucked in my lunch bag.
  • A boy in grade 1 hugging his friend to comfort him while he cried over a mistake he made, saying 'It's okay!'
  • Two amazingly beautiful bucks running side by side across the highway and through a field. They were so graceful and masculine all at once - pure beauty of creation.
  • A young man at the grocery store, offering to tow an elderly woman whose car was stuck in the snow.
  • The sun setting on the sparkly snow in my back yard.
  • The Word of God jumping off the pages to speak a new message to my heart.
  • The dancing green of the Northern Lights across the sky speckled with bright stars.
  • The sharing of peppermint tea, warm brownies and conversation (in pajamas, of course) with dear friends.
When I look back on my day I can't believe the gifts I was given today! And these were only the obvious ones. There is nothing typical or mundane about today or any day when you look around and choose to see the gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts